Indoor Dining to Resume in New York City
New York City will establish and deploy a team of 400 enforcement personnel to ensure compliance.
We all have a role to play in protecting our progress as we continue our phased, data-driven reopening.
Patrons who observe violations should report compliance issues by calling 1-833-208-4160, texting "violation" to 855-904-5036, or filling out the form below.
Businesses that offer indoor dining must strictly adhere to the State-issued guidance.
Here's a snapshot of the detailed guidance:
- 25 percent occupancy limit
- Temperature checks will be required at the door for all customers
- One member of each party will be required to provide contact information for tracing if needed
- No bar service - bars will only be used as a source of making drinks and serving them tableside
- Masks must be worn at all times when not seated at a table
- Tables must be six feet apart
- Restaurants close at midnight
- Restaurants should operate with enhanced air filtration, ventilation and purification standards
- Limit air recirculation and allow for outside air ventilation
- Outdoor dining will continue in the interim
The State is also developing a COVID-SAFE restaurant standard which will assure New Yorkers of COVID-safety and sanitation practices at restaurants.